Spring is finally here and buyers are starting to flock to the market which means it’s an excellent time for sellers to plan an open house. Holding an open house is a good way to make sure your property is seen by a lot of potential buyers. Use the open house as an opportunity to have visitors fall in love with your home and bring on multiple offers. Here are a few tips to ensure a successful open house:
- Make sure you have a place to go while the open house is being hosted. Buyers will feel more comfortable looking in cupboards and exploring the premises if you’re not home. Make sure to take all children and pets with you.
- Make a good first impression by cleaning up the exterior of your home. Mow the lawn, remove weeds, scrub or repaint the front door. Try adding a nice container with a pretty plant arrangement to your doorstep. This first impression will carry through the rest of the tour.
- Clean the interior of your home from top to bottom. Hopefully, you’ve been keeping your home fairly clean since it hit the market and this won’t be too difficult.
- Declutter and depersonalize your home. It is important to keep potential buyers focused on the home itself.
- Do organize your cabinets, closets, and shelves. By organizing or even putting some clothes in storage you can make your closets appear much larger.
- Open up the doors and windows the day before to air the house out. Many people are sensitive to smells or believe that by using some type of air freshener you are hiding what the house actually smells like. Ideally, your house should smell like “nothing.”
3011 American Way | Missoula, MT 59808
406.532.9200 | 888.735.SOLD (7653)