From Owning the Fence
Having just celebrated Earth Day, we wanted to share some fun tips and tricks you can do at home to keep the “green” vibe going all year long:
- Bring the ocean to you. If you have a pool on your property, switch out the chlorine for a salt water filtration system. Not only will you save money on chemicals, salt water pools require less maintenance and are better for your skin.
- Dust off your green thumb. Gardening is a great hobby and offers many health benefits by creating good blood flow and decreasing stress levels. Additionally, gardens can help to increase your home’s value and provide you with fresh food.
- Collect rain water for your garden. Once your garden is ready to go, you’ll need to maintain it by providing enough water. Rain water is a natural and cost-effective option. Rain-harvesting systems are easy and cheap to install.
- Steam clean your rugs. Traditional vacuums will keep your floors clean on the surface, steam cleaning will help remove harmful allergens and deep dirt. Steam cleaners use only water and heat – no chemicals – making them an eco-friendly and pet safe solution for your home.
- Test the air moisture levels. Keeping a balanced humidity level in your home is important. Too much moisture can increase exposure to allergens, mildew, mold, and dust mites. High moisture can also cause damage to your home, such as rusting and warping. Dehumidifiers are great at eliminating dampness and don’t require any installation.