ERA Lambros would like to congratulate Julie Gardner, Ed Coffman & Karen Reyner, Adam Ehli, Cora Gilmore Nelson, and Tillie & Tony Marshall on earning Top Producer for the month of July! Visit any of our offices in western Montana for the most professional and knowledgeable real estate agents in the business.
Summer is a great time to put your house on the market. The weather is warm and road conditions are good, so buyers are more willing to be out house-hunting this time of year. Using these easy, low-cost tips will ensure that your home makes a great impression on potential buyers.
- Declutter. This is the first step to staging a house to sell. You will be moving soon (hopefully!) so get a head start and begin to get rid of things you no longer want and pack up things that you don’t need for awhile like winter clothing or any large collections. A cluttered house or even cluttered closets will appear much smaller than they actually are. Clearing out the clutter will give the appearance of more space and will make your home easier to clean on short notice.
- Clean. This may seem obvious, but one of the best things you can do is clean your house from top to bottom – do this before your agent comes to take listing photos. A clean, organized house tells buyers that your home is well-maintained and doesn’t contain any nasty surprises waiting to be found.
- Rearrange your furniture. Simply rearranging your furniture can go a long way toward opening up a room and giving the house a better feel.
- Clean up your yard. In summer, the yard can make or break a potential buyer’s opinion of your home. You can make your yard look its best by making sure it remains watered, mown, and weeded. Pots full of flowers are an easy way to add some color to your yard without much effort. Potted flowers can also make your doorway more inviting and will create a great first impression.
ERA Lambros would like to congratulate the McQuirk Team, MerriLee Valentine, Cheryl Smith and Bessie Evans on earning Top Producer for the month of June! Visit any of our offices in western Montana for the most professional and knowledgeable real estate agents in the business.
by Ashley Kinder on Owning The Fence
Purchasing a new home can be an exciting venture, one that will bring great rewards in the years ahead. As you begin to think about buying a house, you should keep these important tips in mind:
- Protect and improve your credit score. Having a good credit score will help you get approved for a mortgage and get a better interest rate. Make sure you pay all your bills on time and keep your credit card balances low.
- Figure out your budget. Look at your income and decide how much of a monthly mortgage payment you can afford. Make sure to leave room in your budget for possible home repairs. The best thing you can do is sit down with a lender and get pre-approved for a mortgage. This will also allow you to know right from the start what price ranges to look in.
- Know what you want. Knowing exactly what you need, want, and can live without will help you narrow down your choices and find the perfect house. Your agent will focus on showing you houses that fit your criteria and will be a good match for your lifestyle.
Need more advice for new home buyers? Please call or visit any of our offices in Western Montana for experienced, professional agents that can guide you through the home buying process.
ERA Lambros would like to congratulate the McQuirk Team, Jack Wade, Cheryl Smith, Jeanie Deetz, Jim Cockriel, and Cora Gilmore Nelson on earning Top Producer for the month of May! Visit any of our offices in western Montana for the most professional and knowledgeable real estate agents in the business.